Delivery Planning and Management
- Items scheduled for delivery may be automatically tagged as reserved items for delivery using the "pick and send" functionality of the tool. Once deliveries, the "verify sent" button is selected by the scheduler. The Inventory Management and Daily Accounting Systems are then automatically updated accordingly.
- Microsoft's MapPoint software product can utilize advanced delivery route planning capabilities and generate delivery routses and directions to each delivery stop
- Detailed directions are generated for deliveries scheduled according to pre-determined time slots
- For new and unscheduled deliveries, the ability to sort information by creation date easily defines a first come first server scheduling call order
- A stop is created when a new and unscheduled delivery become scheduled deliveries.
- Schedulers and authorized sales representatives may schedule deliveries within a given time period, or for a specific time slot
- System ensures that schedules cannot be double booked
- Detailed notes about the delivery or delivery directions may also be added to the screen
- The amount of delivery time allocated for each stop is defined based on the items on the delivery ticket
- Items scheduled for delivery may be automatically tagged as reserved items for delivery using the “pick and send” functionality
- Once delivered, the “verify send” button is selected by the scheduler Inventory Management and Daily Accounting Systems are then automatically updated accordingly
- Miscellaneous delivery charges are further flagged on the delivery status report to accumulate those revenues being captured as a result of delivery services
- Charges can then be analyzed by the delivery department manager
- The truck and driver names are tracked with each delivery to ensure quality customer service
- The user may purchase Microsoft’s MapPoint software product to utilize advanced delivery route planning capabilities and generate delivery routes and directions to each delivery stop.
- MapPoint automatically determines the most-effective sequence of delivery stops based on all the scheduled deliveries within a given time period.
- Detailed directions are also generated for deliveries scheduled according to pre-determined time slots
- Hard-copy print-outs are provided to the driver; print-outs that show detailed directions and the optimized route order
- Each user-defined delivery zone defines the delivery starting point
- Distribution centers for densely populated regions with multiple stores
- Should items need to be picked up from a store before delivery, retail locations may be easily defined as delivery stops
- Schedulers and authorized sales representatives are permitted to view all new, unscheduled, scheduled, delivered, or voided delivery tickets.
- For new and unscheduled deliveries, the ability to sort information by creation date easily defines a first-come, first-serve scheduling call order
- If payment is due on an order prior to delivery, balances must be settled in the system before deliveries can be scheduled.
- Payments on delivery amounts are printed on delivery tickets, flagging drivers to collect funds at the time of delivery.
- The ability to create partial shipments allows items to be shipped on different dates
- Multiple delivery tickets are created and customized based on customer requirements
- Delivery items may be viewed and sorted based on delivery region and location type Delivery Regions and Delivery Zones
- Each company has the ability to define customary delivery regions, which are tied to a retail locations
- Within each delivery the system categorizes delivery zones according to zip code
The system may also generate and print delivery tickets, ticket status reports and delivery schedules